Common Questions About Rehab In Thailand
Things You Should Know About Rehab In Thailand
Making the decision to join any residential rehab
program is a big deal. It’s a huge step for most people to want to face their addiction problems and beat it to even open up, and begin asking for the help and support they need.
For loved ones looking to help a family member or friend, its an equally big step to starting the detox, addiction treatment and recovery. With so many areas effected of life effected by drug or alcohol abuse, its completely understandable that you will have several questions, concerns and even doubts if a rehabilitation program can help.
Below are a few of the most common questions that we get asked about our rehabilitation services and aftercare programs.
How Do I Get To Thailand?
Miracles Asia will assist you with arranging your flights to Phuket. There are many direct options, or you can connect via Bangkok. Both airports have international and domestic terminals.
A flight from Bangkok to Phuket is less than 90 minutes, however in most cases for clients traveling from Australia, UK, USA & Europe find it simple to arrange a direct flight to Phuket.
What Kind Of Visa Will I Need?
All Westerners receive an automatic, free one-month tourist visa on arrival at the airport in Thailand. When the month has expired Miracles Asia will arrange for a further one-month extension at the local immigration office. If you wish to extend further than 60 days Miracles Asia will easily facilitate this for you.
Where Is Miracles Asia?
is located on the east coast of Phuket, in Southern Thailand. The surrounding area is quite, and secluded residential area that's still very close to major points of interest.
What Is The Weather Like?
The beautiful weather in Thailand is generally humid and warm, and on Phuket the sunshine mingles with lovely sea breezes. There is a distinct rainy season, in which the tropical rains offer a refreshing respite.
How Much Money Should I Bring?
You will not need much spending money, a few dollars per week for personal effects, cigarettes and maybe shopping on a local market. If you are sending a loved one, daughter or son then we will keep the spending money locked in the safe and give it out as needed.
What Important Items Should I Bring?
- Flip flops/sandals.
- Trainers/Exercise Shoes.
- Gym / sportswear.
- Light, comfortable clothing and casual wear.
- Sunglasses & sun cream.
- Small backpack for day trips.
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo & conditioner are supplied).
- Glasses and contact lenses.
- Mobile phone and/or laptop computer with charger and multi-purpose adaptor.
- Cash (pocket money) and credit/bank cards.
- Contact information of healthcare providers and loved ones.
- Travel insurance documents.
Please note that in Thailand you can buy clothes, toiletries and many other items you may have overlooked or forgotten very easily and our facility is located within convenient driving distance of shopping areas.
Miracles Asia will also have a small on-site shop selling various miscellaneous necessities.
What Can't I Bring?
- Alcohol or illegal drugs (Please be aware that Thailand has very severe penalties for drug possession/transportation).
- Unapproved prescription medications
- Products containing alcohol like mouthwash and aftershave.
- Weapons of any description.
- Gaming consoles of any kind.
- Playing cards or gambling related board games.
- Clothing that promotes alcohol, drugs, violence or any ism’s, for example, racism.
During your residential program you will have access to:
- Daily Group Meetings.
- 1 on 1ne therapy.
- Psychoeducation Classes
- Yoga Sessions.
- 3 visits per week to our fully equipped, world-class sports resort (Thanyapura).
- Thai massages.
- Private Excursions.
- 60 days of aftercare support.
You will also receive:
- All airport transfers (in Thailand).
- Extensive medical check-up at Thanyapura internationally recognized clinic.
- Meals prepared by 5 star hotel private chef.
- Full daily housekeeping, turn down and laundry service.
- Luxury 5- star accommodation Full use of resort facilities, for example, a 25m pool.
- Tea, coffee, juice, tea, etc.
For a full list of what's included, you can download a copy of the program info kit.
Download The Information Kit
What's Not Included?
- International Airfare or transportation to Phuket.
- Cigarettes, souvenirs and international phone calls.
- Multiple or ongoing consultations with Psychiatrists if needed.
- Non-treatment related medications (i.e., anti-depressants, asthma inhalers, etc.).
If you or your loved ones do need regular medication, we recommended that you bring enough supply with you for your stay (with accompanying prescriptions). We can of course advise each client individually on this matter.
Can I Have Visitors?
After consulting with your therapist and counsellor you may be able to arrange for visits from family and close friends. We would suggest you don’t have visitors for at least the first two weeks of your program so you can take full advantage of the services without any distractions.
Can I Use My Phone And Devices?
The Internet can be used but must be requested in advance. Phone calls can be made daily for one hour on your own mobile phone and the hour assigned is flexible taking into consideration the international time zones for family and close friends.
Can I Bring Books?
Yes, please bring whatever reading material you enjoy.
Am I Able To Leave The Facility?
Yes, when escorted by a Miracles Asia team member and in line with the structured timetable.
Will My Dietary Needs Be Catered For?
All dietary needs will be catered for by our nutritionist and Executive Chef.
How Do I Pay?
50% non-refundable deposit is required to guarantee your reservation. The full balance of your account must be paid prior to arrival.
Payments can be easily made by Credit Card, PayPal, TT bank transfer or wire transfer, such as Western Union. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account to pay with PayPal and we will not receive your credit card information.
All fees are net so any additional bank or processing charges for payment transactions are to be paid by the client. 7% VAT Thai government tax is included in your fees, however a 3% fee is applicable for any payments made by credit card.