Step 1 - Acknowledge
The first step is awareness of the manifestations (ie symptoms) of the disease in you.
Here are some manifestations that may indicate that you are suffering from the disease of addiction today:
- You are using or thinking about using today
- You are obsessing about someone or something today
- You have given untrue reasons for your behavior
- You have blamed someone or something for your behavior today
- You are looking for an easier way than what is being offered
- You are afraid for no good reason today
- You are avoiding something you should do today
- You feel restless, irritable or discontent today
- You have behaved selfishly, dishonestly, fearfully or resentfully today
- You have been over-sensitive, taking things too personally today.
Step 2 - Understanding
The next step is understanding how to treat the disease on a daily basis.
Here is a checklist of some of the indications that you are treating your illness today:
- You are clean and/or sober today
- You have talked to someone about your recovery today
- You have been kind today
- You have bathed, eaten, rested, and taken care of basic needs
- You have read recovery literature or watched/listened to recovery media
- You have been Honest, Open-minded and Willing today (known as the HOW of the program)
- You are feeling content and peaceful today.
Get Help For your Addiction
Get the help and support you need from one of the best luxury drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres in Thailand.
With a 98% completion rate, your addiction treatment program and medial care is personalized to your individual needs in a way that ensures your addiction recovery is successful now and into the future!